B.E, B.Tech Vacancy at NCR Hyderabad
NCR Corporation is looking for Software Intern – at their Hyderabad location.
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
About NCR Corporation NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, healthcare, hospitality, entertainment, gaming and public sector organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia.
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Primary responsibility is to ensure high quality software solutions as a contributing member of a highly motivated team of Engineers. This individual will serve the “Test Engineer” role on an Agile team.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Apply test methodology, processes, procedures, standards and tools used by team.
• Exhibit a good understanding of Software Development and Quality Assurance best practices
• Co-ordinate cross-team test activities
• Perform manual functional and regression testing
• Perform volume, performance, reliability testing
• Ensure high quality software which meets requirements – make sure every feature has clearly defined acceptance criteria and is well tested using documented test scripts. Full test coverage against requirements is expected
• Record, maintain, and archive test results
• Conduct tests ranging from hardware component level to the full solution
• Install and configure test environment including hardware and software components
• Design and develop test scripts which facilitate re-use of test scripts and components
• Record and track all issues uncovered during requirements review or testing and follow through to resolution. Utilize software based system maintenance and tracking tools for test cases and defects
• Create accurate estimates of work efforts and meet project deadlines
• Assist others in estimating task effort and dependencies, responsible for team commitments within the Sprint.
• Monitor test execution progress and provide metrics and reports to management
• Manage physical and virtual lab environments
• Applies good debugging and troubleshoot techniques to assist Developers with isolating the problem and determining the solution
• Review and provide input for technical documentation, user help materials and customer training
• Stays current with technology and/or test practices and disseminates knowledge to team members, forms best practices
• Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
• 0-1 years of experience in Software Testing
• Knowledgeable in software testing concepts and methodology. Relevant or related experience in software or firmware testing
• Relevant or related experience in software or firmware testing. Experience in desired technology.
• Ability to identify, debug and clearly articulate software defects
• Experience in GUI Testing, Backend Testing and Database Testing
• Experience in enterprise software testing
• Experience in developing Functional, Integration and end-end scenario test cases to validate business, system and operational requirements
• Demonstrate strong troubleshooting techniques and problem solving skills
• Able to constructively voice opinions, adapt to changing requirements, and provide frequent status updates
• Experience with tools such as QC, QTP, JIRA.
• Have a strong desire for quality, and an attention to detail• Ability to work effectively in a team environment composed of peers and cross-functional members worldwide
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical co-workers
• Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
• Judgment skills are needed to assess high-risk areas of an application on which to focus testing efforts
• Ability to understand customer needs or expectations; business requirements and technical requirements
• Highly skilled communicator with the ability to mentor and influence others.
Worked in any Software Development Life Cycle model and desirable working in Agile environment
• Knowledge of software development standards and protocols.
• Experience with tools utilized in development environment:
o HP ALM
• Certifications – ISTQB etc.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking
system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.